Every Tuesday evening in central Winchester
No Tango on April 16th
Our next 12-week beginners cycle starts on April 23rd
No class on July 2nd, 16th & 23rd. See you on July 9th & 30th.
Our next 12-week beginners cycle starts 3rd Sept 2019.
- Beginners class: 7pm-8pm
- Improvers class: 8pm-9pm
- Milonga: 9pm-10:45pm
The Winchester Club (former Winchester Conservative Club)
Worthy Lane Car Park, Worthy Lane, Winchester SO23 7AB
- Class/evening: £8
- Concession: £6*
- Practica & Milonga only: £5
*applies to full-time students, job seekers and pensioners only.
High level syllabus
- Skills and technique: posture, balance, embrace, walking, dissociation, coordination, leading and following
- Choreographic elements: walk, cross, figure eight, turns and cross-system
- Skills and technique: tango styles, vals, milonga, musicality and choreography
- Choreographic elements: advanced ochos and giros, decorations, displacements, out of axis and other complex figures
Frequently asked questions
How do I go about attending the class?
Our weekly classes run on a drop-in basis so there is no need to book in advance. Just bring yourself, with or without a partner, and a pair of shoes that you can swivel in easily.
You can join anytime, though you might find it less daunting to get going at the beginning of each quarter when the course restarts.
How long before I can move up to the 2nd class?
The beginners course last for 12 weeks or so. Once you have completed the course at least once and feel ready, then you are welcome to attend the second class. Staying for the practica and the milonga will also help you acquire the skills faster and develop into a confident dancer.